Haggai 2:9 “The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.”
Beloved, thank God for a victorious 2017. As a ministry, it has been a year of ‘All Round Victory’ and I also believe that God’s faithfulness and mighty hands of provision has reached you thus far. Like the glory of the former house, every victory, gains, accomplishments of this year is already fading away, as the year ebbs to an end. The old must give way for the new to emerge.
How is your 2017 ending? I believe God is saying it’s a season of praise and gratitude. Hear this:
‘‘Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.’’ Habbakuk 3:17-18
One thing is sure from the narration of Haggai, your tomorrow is better than your yesterday and today. The scriptures aptly put it as “the glory of the latter house shall be greater than the former.” So, with enthusiasm, look up to the glory that is beckoning, the glory that comes with a new beginning. Therefore end the year 2017 on a note of celebration and look forward to a more glorious new year.
However, tomorrow will not just come with all our expectations except you deliberately plan and prepare for a glorious new beginning. Your preparation should include but not limited to the following:
- Hear from God – Psalm 62.11, Numbers 7.89: A word from God will make your entrance and settlement into the new beginning sure and firm.
- Receive the power of imagination- Proverbs 23.7, Gen. 13.14-15: Imagination makes actualization possible. If you can only imagine it, God can make you feature in it.
- Get an inspiration – Job 32.8: It was Isaac Newton that said; ‘‘if I have seen farther than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” Be inspired as the new beginning beckons.
- Be prepared – Luke 14.28: Every action is preceded by preparation. No notable athlete emerges overnight. Your level of preparation determines your success.
- Engage in supplication – Psalm 127.1, 2 Chron 26.5: Hard work alone, imagination and preparation will not produce the require results, you need God, commit your ways/plans unto God and He will direct your path
Beloved, greatness beckons. May God bless you exceedingly abundantly above what you can ask or think according to the power that works in you. Take out time to prepare with God and the new beginning that beckons will open up to you while the fading year ends on a victorious note.