Word Assembly is a local assembly of believers. A local assembly is a micro-church. The church is the body of Jesus Christ on earth, the people of God, called out of the system of this world into the family of God to be made into his likeness of His son Jesus Christ and accomplish God’s pleasure on earth.
Word Assembly was inaugurated on the 31st of July, 1994. The venue of the inauguration was Plot 133, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos. The name of the Church is derived from Acts 19: 20 where the Bible says the Word of God grew mightily and prevailed.
In every local assembly there must be these all- important features, the ‘set man’, ‘the message’ of God with him and ‘the ministry’ to be carried out.
God will always use men to accomplish His purpose on earth. In Word Assembly, the set man is the person of Pastor Philip Igbinijesu. He is a legal Practitioner by training and has been in full-time pastoral work since 1994. He is married to Pastor Bunmi, a Co-pastor. Both are anointed, articulate, vibrant & seasoned ministers of the Gospel with unblemished integrity. He got born again in 1982 and between 1986-1990, he pastored the Christian Gospel Church, Obazagbon Village branch, Benin. From 1991 to 1994, he was an Associate Pastor with The Anointed Word Church, Lagos. He has also held several other Christian leadership positions.
On November 27, 1993, the Lord mandated Pastor Philip Igbinijesu to ‘Go, preach my Word emphasizing its Righteousness…’ with a firm promise that ‘as my word prevails mightily so shall it be in your hands’.
Word Assembly is a bible based Church. It is a community of genuine followers of Jesus Christ in whom Christ dwells and reigns as Lord:
- We come together from different backgrounds and geographical locations
- We submit to the Holy Spirit and are guided by the authority of the scripture
- We receive oversight, care and instruction from ministry gifts given by our ascended Lord to the Church
- We glorify God through corporate worship, evangelism, teachings, training and imparting, fellowship, celebrating the Lord’s Supper, Baptizing new converts in water as we lead them to the baptism in the Holy Spirit, celebrating at wedding and child dedications. Acts 2:41-47.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER OF WORD ASSEMBLY
- Believe and confess Jesus as your Lord and Saviour
- Be baptized in water by immersion
- Completion of Word Academy training progamme (minimum of Level 100)
- Signing of membership pledge
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP?
- You become part of a spiritual Family of believers that support and encourages you (Gal. 6: 1, 2, Heb. 10:24,25)
- You become knowledgeable in the things of God (Hosea 4:6)
- You are able to discover and release your potentials in God
- You are under the guidance and cover of godly and responsible leaders. (Heb 13:17, Acts 20:28-30)
- You are accountable, which is what you need to grow (Eph. 5:21)
- You become entitled to ministry services and privileges.